Subject: Adaptec kernel install woes
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kerry Gray <kgray@netcom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/29/1996 11:25:45
I got the netbsd 1.1 install floppy and am trying to get it to boot on a
486 with an Adaptec 1540CP SCSI controller, with a disk and CD attached.
There is also an IDE drive.

I got the adp kernel floppy.  When I try to boot I get this:

aha0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq5aha0: aha_cmd, cmd/data port full

scsibus0 at aha0
probe(aha0:0:0): timed outaha0: not taking commands!
panic: should call debugger here (aha1542.c)

This same machine with the same hardware booted FreeBSD with little trouble.

Did I get the wrong floppy image?  Does anyone know what I can do to get
this sucker to boot?