Subject: None
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Wenger <ewenger@iastate.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/1996 15:16:36
I am running netbsd 1.1 on a PC with a Canon BJ-200 printer attached.
I have not been able to use this printer for printing with ghostscript
although it works fine printing text.  When I try to print a ghostscript
raw printer file, the printer prints some text about loading fonts and then
it goes haywire with sparsely spaced symbols.  Does anyone have a similar
setup and a solution for this problem?

BTW, this is my /etc/printcap file:

#	@(#)printcap	5.3 (Berkeley) 6/30/90

#lp|bj200|local-printer|My printer:\
#	:lp=/dev/lpa0:\
#        :sd=/var/spool/lpa0:\
#        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\

# Entry for raw device cdj550.raw
bj200.raw|Raw output device bj200:\
        :lp=/dev/lpa0p:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/bj200/raw:\
        :mx#0:sf:sh:rs:

bj200|Ghostscript device bj200:\
    :lp=/dev/null:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/bj200/:\
    :lf=/var/spool/lpd/bj200/logfile:\
    :af=/var/spool/lpd/bj200/acct:\
    :if=/usr/local/lpr/bj200.filter:\
    :mx#0:sf:sh:rs:

|Eric Wenger                    |  Student, Iowa State University     |
|Friley 3300 Kimball            |                                     |
|Ames, IA  50012-0001           |  Programmer, Ames Laboratories      |
|ewenger@iastate.edu            |                                     |