Subject: Re: Multisession CD-R
To: None <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/1996 12:02:57
> > The exact method of getting the contents to the new hard disk is not
> > as important as having more than one partition on the CD... I haver
> > ead something about having a MultiVolume MultiSession CD..
>
> To the best of my knowledge, FreeBSD doesn't support reading
> multivolume CDs yet.  I've recently made one, but failed to read the
> second session on either FreeBSD or MS Winglows (95, FWIW).
>
> There's an urgent demand for it however, and i'm personally interested
> in getting this work.

One of the Japanese engineers on the list posted about getting this
to work about a year ago.

If I remember correctly, he also read audio format CD's as data, so
you could eliminate the DAAD conversion.

The full multisession spec, including their Unicode extensions, is
available on the Microsoft Windows95 DDK CD.  From what I remember,
multiple sessions are *required* for Unicode encoding.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.