Subject: None
To: FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
From: Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/23/1996 16:48:21
Hello out there. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a need to create a CD that I can use the UNIX utility 'dd' to
copy 'verbatim' from the CD to a new hard disk...

The exact method of getting the contents to the new hard disk is not as
important as having more than one partition on the CD... I haver ead something
about having a MultiVolume MultiSession CD.. I can create this, but, is it
supported by the UNIX systems AND can I slice it up as outlined below ??

I also need to be able to mount/umount each filesystem on demand.

I am able to create the required layout on a UNIX system(on another disk),
but, can I copy it to the CD somehow ?? This would make the layout definition
much more maintainable and support quicker testing..

I have the YAHAMA CD-EXPERT CDE100 Compact Disc Recorder...

The OS of choice for the creation is:

	MS-Windows with Corel CD CREATER, BSDI 1.X, NetBSD 1.1, FreeBSD 2.1+
		and LAST but not least Linux.

What software is needed if the OS is NOT MS-Windows...

This will include things like the typical 4 partitions that PC systems
support as weel as any disklabels that may be on a UNIX partition..

For example:

	partition 0:	UNIX(ISO9660)
			sliced up into a single FS
				a: /

	partition 1:	UNIX(NOT ISO9660)
			sliced up as:
				a: /

	partition 2:	UNIX, another different UNIX(MAYBE ISO9660)
			sliced up as:
				a: /

	partition 3:	UNIX again, additional space(ISO9660)
			sliced up as:
				a: /

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178