Subject: NetBSD for my sun 3/280
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Seth Hettich <shettich@elliot.ICS.UCI.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/23/1996 11:32:50
I've been hunting around work for a few days and have turned up
a ton of old sun 3/2xx stuff.  I have put together a 3/280 w/
24 megs of ram and 2 eagle SMD disks.  I'm not all that interested
in running SunOS 4.1.1 and would like to give Netbsd a shot.
My question is: which disk controllers will work?

here is what I have:

a 7053 - the 3/280 does not seem to want to boot of of this (old PROM)

a 451

and I might have a 753

I also have a SCSI card, but only an 60 meg disk for it.

I was thinking of connecting the Eagle disks to the 7053 and booting
off of the SCSI disk.  Will netbsd work w/ the 7053? (or any of the
smd controllers, the docs said it is 'untested')

Is anyone out there running Netbsd w/ an SMD controller (if so, why? :)

This seemed like the best list for a question like this, if it is not
is there a better place for this?

Thanks for any help,
-Seth