Subject: Kernel not available at boot
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Wiley <greg@loop.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/20/1996 16:16:56
Help?

After un-Linuxing my brain, I made it through the complete
installation of i386 NetBSD...except for one last thing.

After running copy_kernel--which claims that all is well and
indeed does put a copy of 'netbsd' onto wd0a--and setting
the boot partition to the NetBSD partition, the system reports
'Missing operating system' upon reboot.

The installation went fine (after a couple of false starts) onto
the second partition of a 1Gb IDE hard drive and I can mount
wd0a (/mnt) and wd0e (/mnt/usr) when I use the boot/install
diskettes to bootstrap.

I'm using a Micronics M54Hi Pentium with 32Mb RAM and the 06
revision of the Phoenix bios.

Any idea how to fix this?

Regards,

Greg Wiley