Subject: Re: ISP gateways
To: None <patton@sysnet.net>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/1996 07:46:46
> I'm trying to set up a PPP gateway between my local lan my ISP.  I
> thought gated would come in handy but apparently that program doesn't
> exist.  Is there anyone out there who has implemented the following?
>
> ISP net | gateway | internal lan
>
> The IP addresses on my internal lan while 'ligit' numbers are
> unregistered and unknown to the outside world and therefore unroutable.
> It was my perhaps naive belief that the gateway would take care of this
> matter, though how I don't know.  Maybe what I need is a Proxy server.
>
> Anyone have some insight where to find them and how good/reliable they
> are?

Please try vesion 3.0.1 or whatever of Darren Reed's IP filters.
They now do NAT (Network Address Translation) which I what I think
you want to do.  Someone with the URL should post here, since it
is in my bookmaks file at work...

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                           peter@wonderland.org