Subject: ISP gateways
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <patton@sysnet.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/1996 22:12:06
I'm trying to set up a PPP gateway between my local lan my ISP.  I
thought gated would come in handy but apparently that program doesn't
exist.  Is there anyone out there who has implemented the following?

ISP net | gateway | internal lan

The IP addresses on my internal lan while 'ligit' numbers are
unregistered and unknown to the outside world and therefore unroutable.
It was my perhaps naive belief that the gateway would take care of this
matter, though how I don't know.  Maybe what I need is a Proxy server.

Anyone have some insight where to find them and how good/reliable they
are?

thanks much.