Subject: Re: help...
To: None <pzso@fsz.bme.hu>
From: For every thing, there is a season <JK7023@cnsvax.albany.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/1996 15:44:38
	I'm sending this back to the list in case I make a mistake.  Hopefully,
someone will spot it and correct me.  :)

>    40 MB, drive D:, DOS primary
>    850 Mb: drive C:, DOS primary (340MB)
>            drive E:, DOS extended/logical (100MB)
>            drive F:, DOS extended/logical (200MB)
>            netbsd11, (200MB)
>  The msdos and netbsd uses disk geometry translation for
>    the 850MB drive, but not for the 40MB drive.
>  When I mount_msdos the 40MB hdd the answer is: " Device not
>    configured" - How can I configure it?
>  How can I configure the 850MB hdd, that it sees the correct drives,
>    because at this moment it sees one 640MB dos fs, which cannot
>    mounted too.

	Have you tried mount -t msdos /dev/wd1a?

	I had a "Device not configured" error on a modem port for a long time.
I eventually discovered that its cable didn't connect to my I/O board.  Then,
with this fixed, it still gave me this error.  It was because the jumpers were
set to disable the port.  Generally, I think it is caused when the kernel
doesn't realize the pressence of the hardware.  Look in your
/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/<machine name> file for possible problems.

	Lastly, I know that disk translation is a big problem with NetBSD.
Take a look at the FAQ.  There might be some detailed directions there about
this.  (http://www.netbsd.org)

>An another problem: How can I make bigger the /tmp directory?
>Some programs which use it are cancelled with "file system full".

	I would make a new partition somewhere and mount it under /tmp.  :)  Or
just increase the main partition's size.  Both of these would require back-ups,
possible re-partitions, etc.

								Good luck,
								Jaime