Subject: Re: mounting a dual-address machine
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/1996 10:29:36
>    The problem seems to be that NetBSD doesn't
>    like it when nestor-f answers to queries to nestor-e.
> It is a bug in the NFS server that it does this.  If we allowed replies
> from any IP address, it would make NFS an even larger security hole.

Well, maybe. But Irix-5.3, Irix-6.2, Solaris-2.4 and probably other systems
accept it. Only NetBSD doesn't like it.

Furthermore a Solaris-2.4 NFS server with IPaliasing behaves the same
as I described: if le0:1 is configured as toto and le0 as tata, then
trying to mount toto:/ will contact toto but the mount call will be replied
to by tata rather than toto.

In any case, you can have NetBSD behave the same as other OSes by adding "-c"
to your mount_nfs or "noconn" to your amd map.

	Stefan