Subject: modem/ppp setup (again)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <patton@sysnet.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/1996 07:27:46
Given the frequency of this issue, there's got to be a FAQ a little
more detailed than the one on netbsd.org.  Especially where it pertains
to ppp, and trouble shooting.  That said, I'm having a bit of trouble
with getting my setup to work.  Communications between host and modem
appear to work but pppd fails with 'script failure' errors.

This is what I"ve done.
/dev/tty01 is owned uucp.dialer, mode 660
I'm in group dialer

/etc/ttys says
tty01 "/usr/libexec/getty std.57600" unknown off local rtscts

/etc/ppp/ooptions says
tty01 57600 defaultroute crtscts procyarp

~/.ppprc says
connect 'chat "" AT&F0L0W2...DT###-#### name: patton ssword: password
prompt> ppp'

now all I type is 'pppd' and it's supposed to do it's thing, right?

Also, can someone shed some light on just how one is supposed to
combine multiple arguments in the /etc/ttys file?  The man page does
not say and I'm wondering if the above is legal.  Yes I did a 'kill -1
1' after modifying /etc/ttys.

thanks