Subject: NetBSD 1.1 problem with 2 IDE drives
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/1996 12:38:01
	I've been running NetBSD-1.0 on a 486 for some months
now with no problem.  A month ago or so I added a second IDE
drive.  I had no problems with having 2 drives under 1.0.  I
just upgraded my system to 1.1 in a roundabout way.  I went from
the following configuration:

	420M drive (wd0):	/
				/usr
				/home
	250M drive (wd1):	/usr/local

to this configuration:

	125M drive (wd0):	/
				/usr
	250M drive (wd1):	/usr/local

by installing 1.1 fresh on the 125M drive.  After I booted the
125M drive, I did a 'fsck -c 2' to the 250M drive and mounted it.
(I believe the fsck command is correct.  I typed whatever it is
that the installation guide and man page told me to.)  I have no
problems mounting that drive manually, but if I try to boot with
/usr/local (/dev/wd1h) listed in /etc/fstab, it panics during the
bootup fsck with the message:

	"fatal integer divide fault in supervisor mode"

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
Sorcerer's Apprentice, CS Department
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
WWW: http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mynhier/