Subject: Diamond Stealth 64 PCI
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/1996 15:02:05
Folks,
      I am trying to use a diamond stealth 64 PCI card in a P100
running netbsd1.1 and XFree-3.1 but I am not having any success.  The
xserver just quits on me.  I have tried using both the SVGA server and
the S3 server but both do the same thing - ramble on about the config
(no errors here...) and then nothing execpt errors about the server
quitting with n events not processed.  Can anyone send me a config
that works for this guy????

BTW The computer I am putting this on is owned by a NT fanatic, I
wanted to show him how much NT sucks by demonstrating the speed
difference.  So getting the Stealth working would be nice otherwise I
will have to wimp out and use a bog standard SVGA card.

ABTW Since this was at work the computer is on the network, I was able
to boot from the floppies, run through the floppy install stuff,
ifconfig up the network interface, nfs mount my home partition from
the main server and then just extract all the tar files onto the IDE
disk.  Took less than 45 minutes to get the thing running multiuser
(this includes my stuffing around coz I did not read the install
instructions ;-).  Very very Cool :-)

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.