Subject: A question about bpf* devices...
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason W. Fogt, WWC RCA <jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/1996 00:26:27
Hello everyone.  I just installed CAP6.0 (with all 190 so patches !) on
my system, and with that comes new questions/ problems.

CAP tends to be a real hog of Packet Filters, device type bpf.  I have
had to create several new devices of this type to keep it and all of its
services happy.  Which brings me to my question...

I noticed that NetBSD defaults to bpf0, bpf1, bpf2, etc.  How far exactly
can I carry this on ?  Can I go to bpfz ?  Or could I start on 2 digit
devices like bpf11, bpfa1, etc. ?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

Jason W. Fogt

Jason W. Fogt             |"What then shall we say in response to this -  If
jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu| God is for us, who can be against us ?" - Rom. 8:31