Subject: Xauthority
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/07/1996 12:05:19
I've noticed that the X11R6 I compiled for my Sparc running NetBSD-1.1
has some problems with .Xauthority. Very often it doesn't seem to be able
to read it, for no reason. Using xauth to read it works, and right after using
xauth, the problem disappears (for some time):

	~-0> \xterm
	Xlib: connection to "liasg9.epfl.ch:0.0" refused by server
	Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
	xterm Xt error: Can't open display: liasg9.epfl.ch:0.0
	~-1> xauth list >/dev/null
	~-0> \xterm
	~-0>

Does anybody have any idea what the problem may be ?
(it might be related to the fact that the .Xauthority file is NFS mounted,
or that it's not in the usual ~/.Xauthority)

	Stefan