Subject: Looking for mslip source
To: Netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Stubbs <peters@seraglio.staidan.qld.edu.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/07/1996 10:53:51
Hi all,

I have a system permenantly connected to my ISP with a single V-FAST
modem. Since there is a network of about 200 pc's down stream of this
modem, it gets lots of use. I have a couple of options for speedups, an
ISDN link or perhaps load balancing with a second modem.

ISDN is much too dear here in Aus, I have checked carefully and
repeatedly.

Load balancing is _much_ cheaper, and will deliver at least 2/3 the
throughput for about 1/10 the price

I've heard that NetBSD has something that will help called mslip, and I'd
love to find the source for it. I've looked on ftp.netbsd.org without
luck, so if anyone could give me a pointer I'd be 'mighty greatful'.

I'll level with everyone, I'm running FreeBSD, and intending to do a
port. I hope that this won't invoke a flame fall, we're cousins or even
siblings!

TIA
Peter