Subject: Patching svr4-current code to work on 1.1 (i386)
To: 'current-users' <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John A. Maier <root@beta.datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/1996 15:37:01
I have been trying to take the compat/svr4 code from the current tree and put it in the 1.1 tree.

Here is what I have done and what problems I am having.

svr4_stat.c
     In function bsd_to_svr4_stat(~)
	 removed:
     	    st4->st_atim = st->st_atimespec.tv_sec;
          st4->st_mtim = st->st_mtimespec.tv_sec;
          st4->st_ctim = st->st_ctimespec.tv_sec;
     	 replaced with:
          st4->st_atim = st->st_atimespec.ts_sec;
          st4->st_mtim = st->st_mtimespec.ts_sec;
          st4->st_ctim = st->st_ctimespec.ts_sec;

svr4_signal.c
     in function svr4_to_bsd_sigaltstack(~)
       removed:
          bss->ss_base = sss->ss_sp;
       replaced with:
	    bss->ss_sp = sss->ss_sp;

     in function bsd_to_svr4_sigaltstack(~)
       removed:
          sss->ss_sp = bss->ss_sp;
       replaced with:
          sss->ss_sp = bss->ss_base;

svr4_net.c
     in function svr4_netopen(~)
          <omited code>
          struct socket *so;
          <omited code>
          so->so_internal = st;

     Same issue in function svr4_netclose(~)

     I checked sys/socketvar.h and there is no member
     "so_internal" the closest member (I can figure out) is
     so_state.  Since so_state seems to be a short where                     so_internal seems to be an int, replacing one with another,
     via casting, doesn't seem to be the answer.

So do I need some new include files in sys?  Seems easier than constantly patching.

I must say, I'm learning a lot about svr4 and NetBSD internals!

jam