Subject: Re: Unix Power Tools
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hume Smith <hclsmith@three-elms.isisnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/1996 10:42:30
> Actually, it's called XEmacs, these days.  It's very nice,

i'm thinking of getting for other reasona than w3, too.  gnu emacs seems
to have limited (no radio or check buttons), slow and buggy (i can't always
tell which) menus.

> but I
> wouldn't recommend using w3 for a web browser unless you have a very
> fast machine.  It's an order of magnitude slower than Mosaic for my 25
> Mhz 68030 (A3000).

you don't have to have the Motif libraries for Mosaic?

> I haven't used tclsh, but Perl would be my choice.  It's still beta,
> but you can write X applications in Perl using TkPerl.

and can you read them six months later?

--
Hume Smith   <hclsmith@isisnet.com>