Subject: Bulding a Unix based PC
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/03/1996 23:15:54
I have to install NetBSD on a PC (Intel).
Until now I installed NetBSD only on Amiga systems, so I need some informations:

1) Does NetBSD run on Pentium machines?
 a) Where can I download the distribuition? (regensburg? NetBSD.org?)

2) Are Matrox gfx cards supported (by the kernel and X)?

3) Which are the gfx boards supported (by the kernel and X)?
 a) Which of those can open screen on 1024x768 or (better) 1280x1024 in
    NON interlaced modes?

4) Which are the ethernet boards supported? (3Com?)

6) May I install NetBSD WHITOUT having a MSDOG partition?

7) Is PC NetBSD as good as Amiga version?

8) Am I asking too much questions? :-)

Thanks in advance

--
_|\an|e_ __ dante@mbox.vol.it __