Subject: Modems and mice
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: For every thing, there is a season <JK7023@cnsvax.albany.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/01/1996 15:31:47
	I finally found out why the modem wasn't acknowledged at all.  The
cable wasn't connected to the I/O board, inside the chase'!  :)  Then, after
connecting that, it wasn't too hard to figure out that the jumpers were set to
disable the port, too.  *chuckle*  Thanks for the help on that.

	Unfortunately, now I've got a different problem.  When I use the cu or
tip commands now, the computer seems to think that the mouse is the modem.  I
checked the kernel's options in the file in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/, but
there's only one mention of irq 3.  The mouse doesn't seem to even have an irq
assigned to it.  (5 is given to mms, but I'm using /dev/tty00 in my
/etc/XF86Config.)  Even stranger, when X isn't running, it still does this.  So
I'm fairly certain that its not an error in /etc/XF86Config.

	Does anyone have some ideas about this?  All help, as always, is
appreciated.  Thanks.

							Jaime