Subject: Source upgrade to 1.1?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin BRADLEY <fox@CS.McGill.CA>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/1995 22:08:15
Hi.

  The other day I got a few beers in me and decided it was time to
  upgrade my two 1.0/i386 machines to 1.1. Alas, neither of the
  two distributed kernels (kcadp.fs and kcoth.fs) want to recognize
  my Ultrastor 34f VLB SCSI controller. The kcoth.fs kernel seems
  to confuse it with "sea0", while it is usually recognized as "uha0".

  I attribute this to some confusion on the part of the kernel, and
  suspect the problem would go away if I recompiled a kernel without
  the sea0 configured.

  Hence my need to do a complete source upgrade.

  Could someone point me to a copy of some semi-recent -current
  upgrade instructions that might be applicable to the 1.1
  distribution? Or make some other suggestion as to how I might
  go about this?

Thanks, Colin.

--
Colin Bradley