Subject: Strange Behavior of The W command under 1.1
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Len Burns <lburns@sasquatch.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/15/1995 17:34:38
I recently upgraded to NetBSD-1.1 with mainly excellent results.  So
far one thing is perplexing me.  The w command does not show what
certain users are doing.  To confuse things a bit further, on 1
account certain programs will show with the w command and others will
not.
The below 2 users are both running pine, same version. The first one,
jddjeff looks as I would expect, the second one, testing is baffling
me.  Any ideas what might be causing this?  Thanks.
testing  p0 ns                5:10PM    13
jddjeff  p2 netcom13.netcom.  4:40PM    46 pine

-Len