Subject: Problems under 1.1
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@magma.leg.ufrj.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/08/1995 11:06:39
I just installed 1.1 in my system (i486), but I am having problems with
it.

The first is a traditional: how to compile ELM so that it doesn't have
that problem with mailbox locking?  Many friends reported this problem
under many different systems (NetBSD 1.0, Linux, etc.) and they  all
solved it by borrowing already compiled binaries from other friends.
Unfortunately, nobody around has already installed 1.1, so I am unsure
if my old working version from 1.0 will work (I'd have to download it
from my backup).

The other problem is that TALK isn't working.  I don't know why, it
always display that "Checking for invitation on caller's machine", even
when it's a local request.  Is there any change to be made to the startup
files or I've just got a bad file from a (never before experienced) bad
FTP or disk write?   Should ntalkd be explicitly called in rc or rc.local?

Thanks in advance.

pappires@magma.leg.ufrj.br