Subject: Increase your hangtime with NetBSD 1.1
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ralph Seichter <zodiac@darkness.gun.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/02/1995 12:35:27
(This subject line got all 'em Michael Jordan fans out there, didn't it?)

Well, I got a problem with NetBSD 1.1. In three out of five boot attempts,
NetBSD will check the SCSI bus for devices and then just hang. The bus LED
glows steadily without a flicker, there's no hard disk access, and after a
while I get messages like the following:

  sbicwait TIMEO@2006 with asr=x80 csr=x4f
  sbicwait TIMEO@2013 with asr=x0 csr=x4f

I then use Ctrl-A-A to reset my Amiga 3000, but I don't like this too much.
I didn't have these problems with NetBSD 1.0, but when installing V1.1, I
also added a new IBM DPES-31080 hard disk to my hardware, so I'm not really
sure if this problem is specific for NetBSD 1.1.

I heard rumours about the -I flag of loadbsd, but to be honest I have not
the slightest idea what "sync-inhibit" stands for and how to use it. Any
takers? If there's a FAQ to answer my question, please point me to it.

	MfG,	Ralph
--
"And then, just as he predicted, Thag became the channeler
 for a two million-year-old gibbon named Gus." (GL)