Subject: FS questions
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/20/1995 16:10:24
  Hi, I have a hard drive coming which Win 95 is going to be installed on
wanted to get as prepared as possible before it gets here.  At the very
least have an idea of how to proceed.

  I would like to be able to access the win95 partition from NetBSD.  I
assume this can be done with a msdosfs mount but if I remember correctly
there where problems writing to a msdosfs from NetBSD.  Is this the
case any longer?

  A problem that I had when NetBSD was first installed on this computer
was that I could not mount the MSDOS drive that was already there.  When
I asked about this I was told that I needed to create a NetBSD disklabel
even though the entire drive was devoted to MSDOS.  I could not create
the partition at that time since it would mean that part of the MSDOS
partition would be overwritten.  This is something that would be nice to
avoid this time.  How should I prepare the drive?

  Also, can one selectively boot between NetBSD and Win95 without using a
disk?  Much like the OS/2 boot manager or Linux's Lilo?

  If it matters all drives in this senerio are SCSI.  If there is
already documentation related to the above questions please direct me to
that.

  Thanks.

---
Kent Vander Velden