Subject: Re: Audio CD Whoas!
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/1995 19:33:00
>	Some time back Alester Crooks posted a little cdplayer program to
>play audio disks in SCSI attached cdrom players.  I found it to work great
>with a little NEC cdrom player I have, as well as a Matshita player I
>picked up at a flea  market.  Since I could do this successfully under
>0.9A, as well as 1.0 a year ago, I guess I'm confused by this debate.  Can
>anyone shed some light?

Err, I don't think there is a debate.  I remember that program, and as I
recall, the command-line version didn't work (it used "play track"), but the
X version did (it used "play min/sec").  At least, that's what happened on
my CD-ROM drive.  My suggestion was only that maybe the reason it worked under
DOS was because the DOS play program used "play min/sec", and maybe if
a play program was used that used "play min/sec", then everything would be
cool.

But again, this is only a guess.  maybe workman already uses the right SCSI
command, and I'm all wet.

--Ken