Subject: Re: UUCP
To: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/26/1995 11:30:29
> Where can I find specific information on how to setup UUCP on NetBSD?  I
> have the Managing UUCP and Usenet book from O'Reilly, and it setup just
> doesn't quit make sense (to me).

NetBSD uses taylor UUCP, which isn't covered by the O'Reilly books.
The version in the NetBSD sources omits the texinfo manual, but you
can get that from the original distribution (ftp from prep.ai.mit.edu).

However, our default UUCP configuration can grok HDB/BNU configuration
files.  I usually recommend using HDB/BNU config files to people that
don't need the special features or enhancements that taylor UUCP
provides, because plenty of third party documentation (like the
O'Reilly books) is available.

	--jtc