Subject: kernel panic
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/20/1995 23:56:16
	I had something interesting happen to me earlier today.
I attempted to login to my machine, but instead of prompting for
a password, the kernel panicked.  The error message it gave me
was :

ld.so: Undefined symbol "_rpc_craateerr" in login:/usr/lib/libc.so.12.0

It then gave a message beginning with "vm_fault", and the rest I
didn't transcribe.  I wrote down the above message by hand, although
I checked to make sure that I had written the string down correctly.

	I was curious, so I did a "strings libc.so.12.0 | grep rpc",
which returned, among other things, "_rpc_createerr".  Does anyone
have any idea why login would see the string "_rpc_craateerr" when
I saw "_rpc_createerr"?

	Any help in figuring this out is appreciated.

Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
Student System Administrator, CS Department
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
WWW: http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mynhier/