Subject: 2060 Arcnet Problem
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michale Worley <michale@chat.pln.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/1995 07:43:20
OK  Here's my setup...

A3000 25mhz 030 12 MEGS Fast 2 MEGS Chip.

Running NETBSD-current with the 950702 binaries

The 3000 is connected to my NET Provider via a 28.8 leased line SLIP.  It
serves other AMIGAs as a NET PROVIDER.  One of those AMIGAs is an A2000 w/ a
50mhz 030, hooked up via A2060 Arcnet Cards.

The problem:

Sometimes for no reason, without any indication, the link between the 2000 and
the 3000 dies.  It can last as long as 12-15 hours or as short as 10 minutes.
Sometimes it happens when there is NO traffic, sometimes it happens when there
are several people on the 2000 thru the Net.  The only time I can consistently
MAKE it happen is when I run IRC thru the 2000 and start a DCC.  Other than
that, it's random...

It should also be noted that under NetBSD-1.0, the ARCNET connection was
flawless.

Anyone have any ideas?