Subject: Re: Linux SVGA & emu help req
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/1995 12:36:44
Ernst J. du Toit writes:

> I can't seem to get the SVGALIB stuff going - I've followed the docs
> posted, but if I run abuse (try it - its better than doom :-)
> it comes up, but then reports - not running on a graphics able terminal...

> If I try the SVGA test programs for linux I get either the same error or
> some thing like a 'bad call' (can't recall now - machine at home).

The first problem sounds like you have not recompiled the NetBSD/i386 kernel
with pcvt enabled, the second one sounds like you have not compiled the latest
-current sources. What you're getting there is probably 'Bad system call'
(i.e. a SIGSYS), meaning you don't have some of the newer Linux system calls
that were added lately. I'll have a look at abuse for X today, though I
never had any problems with any Linux X application myself..

- Frank