Subject: Re: PPP almost working
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/1995 13:21:28

> I recompiled my kernel to get ppp support.
> I built my chat script.
> I launched pppd.
> pppd started in the background.
> The modem's TR light turned on
> Nothing happened.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> /etc/voicenet:
> ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER '' ATDT*704864222 CONNECT sername: dustin assword:
> bowlant ervice: ppp 'to PPP.'

None, except that when I installed 1.0 on my 486, i couldn't get the native
PPP to run either.  So I just run SLIP with a moderate mtu setting, it works
pretty well for multi-transfer capabilities.

I'm having a bit of fun trying to concoct a script that will redial after
disconnect, though.

One thought I do have is that you might want to change your password now
that you've posted it and the phone # to the list.  :)

--
Matthew B. Wood						      mbwood@netcom.com
	      They can't play baseball, they don't wear sweaters