Subject: Scott, fvwm compile
To: Scott R. Burns <Scott.Burns@labatt.com>
From: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/27/1995 11:25:47
"In a previous message, Scott R. Burns wrote:"

> Firstly, I am on NetBSD V1.0a (June 24th or so). I downloaded the XFree86
> V3.1.1 for
> NetBSD and it is running fine. Now I wanted a different Window manager and
> everyone
> on the News groups said fvwm. Fine. It appears to need xpm, which I found
> out was
> pixmap so I got V2.6 from ftp.x.org. But, pixmap needs Xm (the motif toolkit
> I think ?).

Motif is commercial and you will need to pay for it.  Fortunately, though,
I don't believe that you need it to compile the xpm library.  There may be
a non-motif compile procedure.  Anyhow, I know it is possible because I
have compiled both xpm and fvwm (great window manager, BTW!) and do not
have Motif.  Mail me if you still cannot get it to work.

Mark