Subject: scsi-boot (kerplunk!)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joshua Teitelbaum <joshuat@hulk.sfsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/1995 17:44:50
Hello all.
First and foremost excuse my ignorance for, I  have a small question.

I have been using NetBSD for quite some time now, but only
ide drives.  I have obtained a Adaptec 1542C and it seems to
be working just fine.  When using the boot floppy,
The kernel recognizes it (yeah!),
It recognizes the drive (quantum 105mb yeah!), and I actually
got a kernel on it with copy_kernel (yeah!)
ok......
Now how come when I turn on my computer it won't boot it!!!!!!
OK, I'm new to the scsi scene, but am I correct in assuming
that the SCSI host adaptor shoves aside The "Real" Mr. BIOS
and then writes in a drive entry for booting?

Any help from someone who has booted from a scsi drive
would be of great assistance.

Thanks for your time and patience.
josh.
joshuat@hulk.sfsu.edu