Subject: Re: m68k Mac: IIsi
To: ben <ben@eden.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/1995 18:52:39
> I have a IIsi 9/100 with MathCo that I'd like to install NetBSD on, but
> in the documentation it said it would only be operable over tty or SLIP.
> Why is this? Does this mean I wouldn't be able to boot the IIsi fully?

That's old information that's valid for the 1.0 release.  The reason is
that Apple changed ADB hardware and they don't publish documentation at
the level we need to support it.  The current version of NetBSD/mac68k
does not have that limitation thanks to the hard work of a couple of
determined users.  Even with the limitation, you'd be able to boot the
IIsi fully, but you'd have to have a second terminal/computer as the
console of the system (kind of like the old minicomputers ;-).

Please take a look at the information on http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/
or send me private E-mail (I may not be able to respond until this
weekend as I'm travelling out of town on business Wed. morning).

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>