Subject: Re: SLIP dial-up script and other doubts
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@picabo.icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/1995 16:57:17
>  all seems fine as I receive one dinamic IP address from the host and get
>  no negative response (except from route who tells me that I've
>  already have that address) at any point from the commands.

I would suggest that you use dip.  It replaces the separate kermit,
slattach, and ifconfig steps with one, easy to use script.  There is a
sample script included with the dip package that handles dynamic IP
connections, so with a bit of changing, it should work.

(From the Dip announcement)

Where can I find it?
--------------------
It can be found at this site:
    ftp.tu-clausthal.de    in    /pub/unix/tuc

Filenames:
    bsddip-1.02.ReadMe          ( 6455 Bytes)
    bsddip-1.02.tar.Z           (78191 Bytes)

Note:  This is only a small  system and so very limited.  Only a few
       users are allowed  at the same time.  Sorry.  So, please dis-
       tribute the software to other ftp servers.  Thanks!

It is also possible,  to request files  via the Mail-Server. Mail to
'mail-server@ftp.tu-clausthal.de'.  To get help about  this services
send  a mail,  containing  the keyword  'HELP'  in  the body  of the
message. Other keywords are 'SEND HELP' (detailed help) and 'INDEX'.

And there is a third way: FSP.
    FSP_HOST 139.174.2.10
    FSP_PORT 21
    FSP_DIR  /pub/unix/tuc