Subject: Re: about to buy a...
To: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/1995 17:17:36
> NCR PCI SCSI Controller

I like this controller a lot.  When/if i buy a PCI PC, i'm planning on
getting one.  (Right now, i'm using them extensively on the Alpha,
under NetBSD.)

> I'm also looking for good PCI ethernet hardware.  Any winners out there?

I really like DEC's PCI ethernet adapters, the 21040/21041 and the
21140 (the latter being a 10/100 Mb/s adapter).

DEC, SMC, and perhaps others make 21040-based boards.
I dunno if both DEC and SMC make 21140-based boards, but i would
assume that if they don't, they will be soon.

Again, i've not used these under NetBSD/i386, but they work great for
me on the Alpha.  8-)

chris