Subject: Re: about to buy a...
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aman Sinha <sinha@pine.ece.utexas.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/1995 16:06:53
> core team members do own bt946 cards and we are not happy about the
> situation one bit.  My 2 boards now sit on the shelf and collect dust
> having been replaced by $72.00 NCR 53C810 cards.

This discussion could not have come at a better time for me. I am about to
upgrade my Pentium-90, by adding a 2GB fast wide SCSI disk and am in the
market for a fast wide PCI SCSI controller. From the discussion in this
newsgroup, it seems my choices have narrowed down to either an Adaptec2940W
controller or an NCR 53C8xx chipset based controller. What I am not sure is
which are the cards that support the above NCR chipset? Could someone point
out the relevant controller numbers along with their vendor names?

Thanks,
-Aman