Subject: Re: about to buy a...
To: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@telstra.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/1995 15:03:37
> ASUS 75/90/100/120 Triton MB
>  o 3 PCI, 3 ISA, 1 ASUS
>  o 256k/512k normal/burst pipe cache
>  o "Award" BIOS w/ NCR SCSI BIOS in 1Mbit flash EPROM

I've had no complaints with my ASUS SP3G, and I'm impressed with the
construction of the board, and of the quality of the ASUS manuals in
general.

> 15" ViewSonic monitor (0.28 dp, digital, flat screen, 1280x1024)

Reasonably good (I have one), but given the chance, I'd replace it with
a Sony 15SF1 (costs about 15% more, but worth it for the quality.)

> Mach64 GUP Turbo 64-bit PCI 4mb VRAM

no idea.

> NCR PCI SCSI Controller

Good, fast. Drivers for DOS suck, but Win95 and NetBSD support it well.

> The main things that I am worried about is the quality of the monitor, and
> the NCR SCSI.  Does anyone know, is that a good SCSI controller, and might
> I be better off with a Buslogic, etc?

> I'm also looking for good PCI ethernet hardware.  Any winners out there?

no idea.

--
Luke Mewburn <lukem@telstra.com.au>
"Aah ... Yes, and how does madam wish to pay?" She slapped her credit