Subject: 64k Synchronous interface under NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/06/1995 16:45:09
We are looking at setting up an internet connection/firewall.  My boss
has given me the option of putting a NetBSD box in as the gateway :-)
I would like to do this but before I can I need to know if I can run
an ISDN connection on it, either using a separate terminal adapter and
a 64k differential synchronous interface or an ISDN card in the PC
(may not be an option given the strict Telco rules here in Aus).
Anyone done this?

Oh yeah, I would like to do the "whole" firewall bit - ip packet
filtering (NOT screend - don't like the way it does the filtering for
_all_ interfaces), proxying (probably with socks), tcp_wrappers and
the like.  Anyone want to share some experiences?

"It's fifteen hundred miles to Ankh-Morpork" he said.  "We've got
three hundred and sixty three elephants, fifty carts of forage, the
monsoon's about to break and we're wearing ... we're wearing ... sort
of things, like glass, only dark... dark glass things on our eyes..."
        - Terry Pratchett "Moving Pictures".