Subject: Using a DAT drive on NetBSD 1.0
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/1995 20:51:38
I recently acquired a Sony DDS-2 DAT drive for a NetBSD i386 1.0pl6 system.

I looked at the dump/restore command and started a dump of /home that was
about 50 MB.  dump then asked for another tape.  The DAT tape is supposed
to hold 2 to 4 GB with compression so I must be doing something wrong. :-)

What density/length combination is used to describe a 120 meter DDS-2 DAT?

Is dump/restore the standard way to backup the system or are there other
utilities that I should look at?

Any other info or suggestions on tape backup would be appreciated.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Livonia, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us