Subject: please help with 3c507
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mewshaw, 1Lt Lee <MEWSHAW@afc4a.safb.af.mil>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/1995 08:14:00
Hi!
I'm new to the list and to NetBSD, so please don't flame me if the
following question is asked a lot... (I did check the FAQ, and it wasn't
there...)

I can't get my NetBSD system to recognize the a 3c507 network card.  I've
installed it on an ISA bus Gateway 486DX2/50 with 16 MB RAM.  Other than
the disk control, the 3c507 card is the only card in the computer.  Using
the 3c507tp program on a DOS machine, I configured the 3c507 card for irq
7, mem address C8000, and port 300.

Here's the entry from my kernel build (?) file...
    ie0   at isa?  port 0x300 iomem 0xC8000 irq 7  # StarLAN & 3C507....

I built the kernel, and here's what it says about the card as it boots...
    ie0: unknown AT&T board type code 5
    ie0 at isa0 port 0x300-0x30F iomem 0xC8000-0xCBFFF irq 7: address
00:60:8c:5a:83:65, type 3C507 R2

I tried commenting out all of the edx stuff, and all of the scsi stuff,
but that didn't help the kernel.  I got a 3c503 card to work with as ed0,
but I get 'NIC memory corrupt' alarms, and 'stray interrupt 7' alarms.  I
think those problems with 8 bit cards are addressed in the FAQ, but it's
worth mentioning because I was at least able to connect to the network
with the 3c503 card.

If there's more info I should be giving here in order to solve this
problem, let me know via the list or private email.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Lee Mewshaw
mewshaw@afc4a.safb.af.mil