Subject: Re: PPPD
To: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/04/1995 18:32:35
According to Peter Galbavy:

>> Use 'ifconfig -a' to see if you have any ppp interfaces.  If not, add
>> to your kernel config file:
>>
>> pseudo-device	ppp	1		# PPP
>>
>> Reconfig, rebuild, and reboot with your new kernel.
>
>Now, wouldn't it be nice if at least some of the more useful devices
>(pseudo too) were around as LKM's ?

You may want to have a look at ppp-2.1.2, it has the capability of
being a ppp lkm and it also seems to support 386BSD - there is mention
of it and Free/Net BSD in the readmes.  From what they say in the
README the versions they are talking about are fairly ancient (may be
there is a later version of ppp about).  I know that, at least, the
lkm stuff works fine for the Suns

"It's fifteen hundred miles to Ankh-Morpork" he said.  "We've got
three hundred and sixty three elephants, fifty carts of forage, the
monsoon's about to break and we're wearing ... we're wearing ... sort
of things, like glass, only dark... dark glass things on our eyes..."
        - Terry Pratchett "Moving Pictures".