Subject: Diskless boot with 3C509 combo
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tomas Tengling <ltt@cd.chalmers.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/14/1995 23:30:36
Hi,

I have a 3Com Etherlink III ethernet card with both UTP, AUI and BNC ports
and I want to use UTP to boot the machine (i386) diskless.  If I use BNC
everything works as it should, but it fails (with 'revarp failed') when I
try UTP or AUI.  When I boot the floppy file system I have to use 'link1'
as parameter for ifconfig to use UTP, but what do I have to do so that
the diskless kernel understands that?

I have tried to set the soft port settings on the card to both 'auto' and
'UTP' but it doesn't help.

The kernel is from NetBSD-current last week.

Regards,

	Tomas Tengling

--
  Chalmers   |  Tomas Tengling                | Email: ltt@cd.chalmers.se
 University  |  Kolonigatan 3                 |