Subject: Configuring SLIP
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: rferraro <rferraro@ax.apc.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/02/1995 15:45:51
Hello again BSD-helpers... :)

 Sorry for bothering again, but after all the answers :) (that I'd like to thanks all) about UUCP, I understood that my real problem now, is how to configure NetBSD 1.0 to be able to make SLIP connections.

 I'm using an i486DX2-66 with 16 Mbytes of RAM, mouse at com1 and an US Robotics 28800 modem at com2. All I could reach (after one month of trials), was to light on and off his Terminal Ready (TR) led.

I have a local internet access provider that receive dial-up connections at a local telephone number 5379593. It has IP address 200.18.178.1 and answer for ax.apc.org. My modem you'd seen here up (US Robotics 28800 at com2-2F8h-IRQ3). At which /etc files I must write ? What to write ?

ASAP I'll try to recompile the Kernel using the patches to my hardware and see what happens (Thanks Mike :). But In these meantime could someone give me some tips about SLIP Configuration ? Is there books specifically dealing with that ? At which site could I download more information ?

To receive external calls what should I do ?

All I could find at manual (I've installed text10 and man10 Mike :))  and documents are not clear enough to me (of course I have my limits also but I'm trying to learn as quick as possible...)

BTW, do you think that when I have compiled the Kernel I would be able to use my Creative Labs CD-ROM ?

Glad to talk to you, Ricardo Ferraro
rferraro@ax.apc.org

PS: I've already read BSDI FAQ at www.bsdi.com and experimented the tips there...