Subject: Re: HELP - Compiling a program that requires alloca.h
To: None <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/1995 15:05:08
   I am trying to compile xfm-1.3.2 and all was okay till I couldn't find
   alloca.h.  I notice that Linux was mentioned as a platform on with it has
   been built, so I got a copy of alloca.h and features.h (required by
   alloca.h) and tried my luck.  this time I get...

   parse error before `_alloca' (this is the first extern statement)
   parse error before `alloca' (this is the second exterm statement)

Well, what did you expect?  __ptr_t isn't defined on NetBSD.  It's an
artifact of the GNU C library.

The proper solution is to make xfm not include alloca.h on NetBSD.