Subject: SCSI host adapters
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Avneesh Sachdev <asachdev@ISI.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/1995 13:50:17
Hi,
I have NetBSD 1.0 running on my system which has the following configuration
 -  i486 DX2/66 CPU with VESA local bus (Gateway 2000)
 -  32 Mbytes RAM
 -  500 Mbytes SCSI disk (Seagate)

I am currently using an Adaptec 1542c host adapter. As you know, this connects
to the ISA bus and hence cannot perform DMA to the part of memory higher than
16 Mbytes. Consequently, I am planning to switch to a VESA bus SCSI host
adaptor.
Could somebody recommend a host adapter suitable for my configuration
that has a driver available in NetBSD 1.0?
Also, please let me know where I can obtain one from.

Thanks in advance,

Avneesh

AVNEESH SACHDEV
Reseach Assistant