Subject: Re: SCSI VLD? IDE VLD Caching?
To: None <bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/1995 17:25:19
>From: bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com (Brad Colbert)
>Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 16:39:21 -0400 (EDT)

>    Hi,
>
>    I just got a 486 with local bus slots and would like to upgrade my
>    IDE interface to local bus.  I would also very much like it to be
>    a caching "controller", such as a Promise.  Any one have any idea
>    if NetBSD will flip-out if I use this?

Probably not, unless it needs drivers to work under DOS.

>    Also, i would like to add a SCSI adapter so I can add SCSI devices.
>    Can I add it and keep my IDE drives?  Is there a local bus SCSI
>    adapter that NetBSD supports?

IDE and SCSI are independent.  I have one drive of each type, and
everything works perfectly.

I have a Buslogic BT-445C, and recommend it highly.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>       PGP 2.6.2 public key signature:
VLSI Design Engineer                  CCBF225E7D3F7ECB2C8F7ABB15D9BE7B