Subject: man command question
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Achyutram Bhamidipaty <ram@cs.arizona.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/24/1995 09:32:03
the man command can be set up to handle both manx and catx
files. Is there a way to get man to automatically create
catx files after they are accessed from the manx directory?

Does this question make sense?

Man pages are usually stored in nroff (or is it troff) format. On
my system running a large man page through nroff is a bit on the
slow side. What I'd really like is for man to automatically create
the the files that can be cat'ed to the tty if an appropriate cat
directory exists.

Can this be done? I look through the man page for man and did not see
anything obvious.

-Ram