Subject: XFree86 doesn't work with /dev/pms0 on thinkpad 750
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/23/1995 13:20:26
I'm trying to get XFree86 to run with NetBSD 1.0 on my ThinkPad 750.
I have a XF86Config file that works, but when I try to move the
trackpoint pseudo-mouse, the cursor just moves to the right of the
screen and stays there.

The trackpoint is supposed to be compatible with the PS/2 mouse, so
that's what I told XF86Config that I have.

I'm running the stock pms driver, except that I had to comment out
part of the pmsprobe() routine to get it to find the device on a
thinkpad.

X works fine under NetBSD 0.9, though I had to install someone else's
pms.c driver to get it to work.

thanks for helping out with wierd hardware...

Keith Moore