Subject: Re: SLIP packet routing problems
To: Wayne Berke <berke@panix.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/1995 11:58:52
According to Wayne Berke:

>You are essentially correct here, except for the fact that bridges are
>MAC-layer devices and therefore know nothing about IP addresses or IP routing.

True for a pure bridge.  I threw in the comment because I believe that
a pure bridge is a fairly rare object these days, most of them combine
a bridge and a router so I just thought I would mention it....

"It's fifteen hundred miles to Ankh-Morpork" he said.  "We've got
three hundred and sixty three elephants, fifty carts of forage, the
monsoon's about to break and we're wearing ... we're wearing ... sort
of things, like glass, only dark... dark glass things on our eyes..."
        - Terry Pratchett "Moving Pictures".